Front End Developer
SeatPlan is a London based theatre ticketing company with a small team and startup atmosphere. We combine theatre seat prices with audience reviews and photos to give our customers the best possible information to choose and book the best seats.Founded in 2011 we help 300,000 theatregoers each month in the UK and are now expanding into the USA, starting with New York theatre (or "theater" for our American friends). Joining a small company of less than 10 employees offers fantastic opportunities for can-do, ambitious people:
• Play a big part in our small machine. See the impact of your work and how it helps the company grow, feel the warm glow of appreciation from the thousands of theatregoers that we help each day. Contribute ideas to areas of the business that do not necessarily fall within your job specification. This is a massive opportunity to make an impact.
• Exposure to different parts of the business are part and parcel of working in a small company like SeatPlan. You will sit with and talk to product, marketing, content and development teams learning skills you didn't know you needed and had within you! Each member of the team is expected to formulate a personal development plan with their manager and has a learning budget to fuel growth.
• We don't have a heavy management structure and expect members of the team to work independently or as a team as required. You will own areas of responsibility and have goals to deliver against. We will teach you our processes and also expect you to introduce your own improvements over time.
You will report to the Head of Development and work closely with the Product Manager and other developers. UX prototyping and design skills are desirable but not essential. An eagerness to learn and improve are key success factors for the SeatPlan team.
Find out more about us.
• 3 or more years of commercial experience as a Front End Developer
• Strong HTML5, CSS3, SASS
• Responsive web design
• Git or other Source Control systems
• Ability to interact effectively with colleagues and stakeholders
• HTML templating ideally via Twig/Symfony
• UX prototyping
• Knowledge of SEO techniques
Salary and Terms
• Full-time permanent role
• £45-65k depending on experience.
• Employee share scheme
• 10% performance bonus
• WFH option for 2 days per month after probation.
• Choice of equipment to fulfil your role (MacBook Pro, Dell XPS, etc)
• Free theatre tickets
How To Apply
To apply email careers [at] seatplan.com with your experience and why you fit the bill.
Along with your CV, please include some examples of your work (ideally links to website pages you have worked on), a link to a personal website showcasing your skills, or include details of Github or Stackoverflow accounts.
We have preferred recruitment agents in place and do not wish to hear from any more.