Senior Symfony Developer
SeatPlan is a London based theatre ticketing company with a small team and startup atmosphere. We combine theatre seat prices with audience reviews and photos to give our customers the best possible information to choose and book the best seats.Founded in 2011 we help 300,000 theatregoers each month in the UK and are now expanding into the USA, starting with New York theatre (or "theater" for our American friends). Joining a small company of less than 10 employees offers fantastic opportunities for can-do, ambitious people:
• Play a big part in our small machine. See the impact of your work and how it helps the company grow, feel the warm glow of appreciation from the thousands of theatregoers that we help each day. Contribute ideas to areas of the business that do not necessarily fall within your job specification. This is a massive opportunity to make an impact.
• Exposure to different parts of the business are part and parcel of working in a small company like SeatPlan. You will sit with and talk to product, marketing, content and development teams learning skills you didn't know you needed and had within you! Each member of the team is expected to formulate a personal development plan with their manager and has a learning budget to fuel growth.
• We don't have a heavy management structure and expect members of the team to work independently or as a team as required. You will own areas of responsibility and have goals to deliver against. We will teach you our processes and also expect you to introduce your own improvements over time.
We're looking for an experienced Symfony Developer who can contribute to architecture and implementation of a challenging ticket search engine and interactive seating plan website. Ultimately enabling our users to choose and book the best tickets.
You'll be responsible for delivering scalable, testable products in an agile development environment, building on the foundations of our Symfony 3 system.
Find out more about us.
• 4+ years commercial development experience
• OO PHP
• Strong Symfony knowledge
• Great communication
• Passion for theatre or live events
• Ecommerce website experience
• Unit testing
• Dev ops
• Agile environment
Salary and Terms
• Full-time permanent role
• £50-70k depending on experience.
• Employee share scheme
• 10% performance bonus
• WFH option for 2 days per month after probation.
• Choice of equipment to fulfil your role (MacBook Pro, Dell XPS, etc)
• Free theatre tickets
How To Apply
To apply email careers [at] seatplan.com with your experience and why you fit the bill.
Along with your CV, please include some examples of your work (ideally links to website pages you have worked on), or include details of Github or Stackoverflow accounts.