UX/UI Product Designer - Job
SeatPlan is an online theatre ticketing agent looking for an experienced UX/UI Product Designer to own the user experience and visual design of the seatplan.com website.
We are looking for someone who wants to create best-in-market designs in a fast-paced environment, to quickly make a big impact on our users. You will be able to work closely with the Product Manager and key stakeholders to take business requirements and user feedback to create and iterate designs that result in great user journeys and drive significant improvements in KPIs.
You will be equally comfortable with both the user experience and graphic design sides of the role, as well as being happy having sole ownership over the design process.
- Own the UX / UI of the SeatPlan website
- Create wireframes and designs for new features and pages and work to improve existing parts of the site
- Ensure work is clean, intuitive and responsive with flexible and reusable design patterns
- Work with key stakeholders and customer feedback to transform new requirements into actionable designs
- Focus on creating designs that drive conversions (both sales and other KPIs) and be able to quickly iterate on designs to help achieve this
- Efficiently handover designs to front-end developers, creating clear specifications for interactive elements and ensuring they are correctly transformed into a launchable version
- Utilise existing visual identity where possible, to reduce development time, while expanding and improving our core design styles, as well as developing our visual brand
- Work with the Product Manager to run user feedback surveys and sessions to solidify requirements
- Gain actionable insight from user data to form the basis of design decisions
- Conduct design QA of developed work prior to launch
- Work on the design of visual marketing collateral such as banners and email templates
- Present and justify design decisions to project leads, with the ability to clearly communicate rationale
- 4+ years experience as a UX / UI designer
- Extensive portfolio of high quality UX / IA / UI design work for start-ups and/or ecommerce websites
- Experience of conversion-focussed design with post-launch iterations
- Detailed knowledge of Sketch/Zeplin/Balsamiq/InVision and similar software
- Experience wireframing and building prototypes for testing
- Experience being the sole owner of design in a small start-up environment
- Ability to validate your ideas, designs and hypotheses with interviews, surveys and user testing sessions
- Capability to work with developers and product managers to ensure requirements are realised
- A deep understanding of what motivates users to act with a keen eye for powerful, engaging layouts and detailed designs
- Working knowledge of front-end development technologies and their capabilities and restrictions
- Enjoyment crossing back and forth between UX and graphic design
- Full understanding of the principles of mobile design and responsive development
- Understanding of product management and marketing, as well as user behaviours and motivations
- Skill to iterate designs quickly based on user and stakeholder feedback
- Have a foundational strong understanding of design craft (typography, hierarchy, color, and composition)
- Salary - £45-55k (depending on experience) and 10% bonus to reward performance.
- Theatre tickets – Free to feed your passion for theatre
- Monthly team events - get together with your colleagues and have some fun!
- Pension - up to 5% of salary contribution
- Impact - Play a big part in our small machine. See the impact of your work and how it helps the company grow, feel the warm glow of appreciation from the thousands of theatregoers that we help each day. Contribute ideas to areas of the business that do not necessarily fall within your job specification.
- Personal development - Exposure to different parts of the business are part and parcel of working in a small company like SeatPlan.com. You will sit amongst product, marketing, content and development teams learning skills you didn't know you had within you! Each member of the team is expected to formulate a personal development plan with their manager and has a learning budget to fuel growth.
- Autonomy - We don't have a heavy management structure and expect members of the team to work independently or as a team as required. You will own areas of responsibility and have goals to deliver against.
- Work From Home - Once you are settled in, work from home option 1 day per week.
How to apply
To apply please send the following to Shaun Millis on email address: careers [at] seatplan.com with the subject line ‘UX/UI Product Designer Application’ :
- Your CV
- A cover letter detailing why you’d like to work for SeatPlan.com and how your skills fit the role specification (maximum one page)
- A link or an attachment of a portfolio of your work
The deadline for applications is 20th December 2019