SeatPlan.com combines audience seat view photos with a theatre ticket booking engine. This unique combination helps theatregoers to book the best seats based on price and view. We have 11 years of operation behind us in London theatre and are now expanding the USA. Our mission is to disrupt live event ticketing globally.
We are looking for an experienced UX/UI Product Designer to own the user experience and visual design of the seatplan.com website. Someone who wants to create best-in-market designs in a fast-paced environment, to quickly make a big impact on our users. You will work closely with the Product Manager and key stakeholders to take business requirements and user feedback to create and iterate designs that result in great user journeys and drive significant improvements in KPIs.
You will be equally comfortable with both the user experience and graphic design sides of the role, as well as being happy having sole ownership over the design process.
- Own the UX / UI of the SeatPlan website
- Create wireframes and designs for new features and pages and work to improve existing parts of the site
- Work with key stakeholders, qualitative and quantitative data to transform new requirements into designs
- Gain actionable insight from customers to build products that they want. Survey them, gather feedback, engage with them, listen to their insights to solidify requirements.
- Run AB tests to move key metrics and quickly iterate designs as we learn. Share knowledge, successes and failures.
- Ability to communicate rationale behind design decisions to project leads
- Ensure work is clean, intuitive and responsive with flexible and reusable design patterns
- Efficiently handover designs to front-end developers, creating clear specifications for interactive elements and conduct QA prior to launch
- Utilise existing visual identity where possible, to reduce development time, while expanding and improving our core design styles, as well as developing our visual brand
- Work on the design of visual marketing collateral such as email templates
- 4+ years experience as a UX / UI designer
- Extensive portfolio of high quality UX / IA / UI design work for start-ups and/or ecommerce websites
- Experience of conversion-focussed design with post-launch iterations
- Detailed knowledge of Sketch/Zeplin/Balsamiq/InVision and similar software
- Experience wireframing and building prototypes for testing
- Experience being the sole owner of design in a small start-up environment
- Ability to validate your ideas, designs and hypotheses with interviews, surveys and user testing sessions
- Capability to work with developers and product managers to ensure requirements are realised
- A deep understanding of what motivates users to act with a keen eye for powerful, engaging layouts and detailed designs
- Working knowledge of front-end development technologies and their capabilities and restrictions
- Enjoyment crossing back and forth between UX and graphic design
- Full understanding of the principles of mobile design and responsive development
- Understanding of product management and marketing, as well as user behaviours and motivations
- Skill to iterate designs quickly based on user and stakeholder feedback
- Have a foundational strong understanding of design craft (typography, hierarchy, color, and composition)
- Salary - £45-55k (depending on experience) and 10% bonus to reward performance.
- Theatre tickets – Free to feed your passion for theatre
- Monthly team events - get together with your colleagues and have some fun!
- Pension - up to 5% of salary contribution
- Impact - Play a big part in our small machine. See the impact of your work and how it helps the company grow, feel the warm glow of appreciation from the thousands of theatregoers that we help each day. Contribute ideas to areas of the business that do not necessarily fall within your job specification.
- Personal development - Exposure to different parts of the business are part and parcel of working in a small company like SeatPlan.com. You will sit amongst product, marketing, content and development teams learning skills you didn't know you had within you! Each member of the team is expected to formulate a personal development plan with their manager and has a learning budget to fuel growth.
- Autonomy - We don't have a heavy management structure and expect members of the team to work independently or as a team as required. You will own areas of responsibility and have goals to deliver against.
- Work from home - This is a primarily remote role with a monthly team day in London.
How to apply
To apply please send the following to Ben Jackson on email address: careers [at] seatplan.com with the subject line ‘UX/UI Product Designer Application’ :
- Your CV
- A cover letter detailing why you’d like to work for SeatPlan.com and how your skills fit the role specification (maximum one page)
- A link or an attachment of a portfolio of your work