UX/UI Product Designer job description
SeatPlan is an online theatre ticketing agent looking for an experienced UX/UI Product Designer to own the user experience and visual design of the seatplan.com website.
We are looking for someone who wants to create best-in-market designs in a fast-paced environment, to quickly make a big impact on our users. You will work closely with the Product Manager taking a customer and data centric approach to create and iterate designs that result in great user experience and improve KPIs.
You will be equally comfortable with both the user experience and UI sides of the role, as well as being happy having ownership over the design process.
- Own the UX / UI of the SeatPlan website
- Work with the Product Manager to conduct user research and gain actionable insight from data to form the basis of design decisions
- Create wireframes and designs for new features and improve existing parts of the site
- Utilise existing visual identity where possible while expanding and improving our core design styles, as well as developing our visual brand
- Ensure work is clean, intuitive and responsive with flexible and reusable design patterns
- Efficiently handover designs to front-end developers, creating clear specifications for interactive elements. Conduct design QA of developed work prior to launch to ensure they match designs.
- Conduct A/B tests and quickly iterate on designs to achieve desired outcomes
- Present and justify design decisions to key stakeholdersand clearly communicate rationale
- 4+ years experience as a UX / UI designer
- Portfolio of high quality UX / UI design work for ecommerce websites
- User research experience and ability to validate your ideas, designs and hypotheses with interviews, surveys and user testing sessions
- A deep understanding of what motivates users to act with a keen eye for powerful, engaging layouts and detailed designs
- Experience of conversion-focussed design, tracking KPIs and running A/B tests and post-launch iterations
- Experience wireframing and building prototypes for testing
- Capability to work with developers and product managers to ensure requirements are realised
- Full understanding of the principles of mobile design and responsive development
- Have a strong understanding of design craft (typography, hierarchy, color, and composition)
- Detailed knowledge of Sketch/Zeplin/Balsamiq/InVision and similar software
Nice to have
- Experience being the sole owner of design in a small start-up environment
- Working knowledge of front-end development technologies and their capabilities and restrictions
- Understanding of product management and marketing
- Salary - £45-55k (depending on experience) and 10% bonus to reward performance.
- Theatre tickets – Free to feed your passion for theatre
- Monthly team events - get together with your colleagues and have some fun!
- Pension - up to 5% of salary contribution
- Impact - Play a big part in our small machine. See the impact of your work and how it helps the company grow, feel the warm glow of appreciation from the thousands of theatregoers that we help each day. Contribute ideas to areas of the business that do not necessarily fall within your job specification.
- Personal development - Exposure to different parts of the business are part and parcel of working in a small company like SeatPlan.com. You will sit amongst product, marketing, content and development teams learning skills you didn't know you had within you! Each member of the team is expected to formulate a personal development plan with their manager and has a learning budget to fuel growth.
- Autonomy - We don't have a heavy management structure and expect members of the team to work independently or as a team as required. You will own areas of responsibility and have goals to deliver against.
- Work From Home - Once you are settled in, work from home option 1 day per week.
How to apply
To apply please send the following to Ben Jackson on email address: careers [at] seatplan.com with the subject line ‘UX/UI Product Designer Application’ :
- Your CV
- A cover letter detailing why you’d like to work for SeatPlan.com and how your skills fit the role specification (maximum one page)
- A link or an attachment of a portfolio of your work