Ambassadors Theatre London
What's On at the Ambassadors Theatre
About the Ambassadors Theatre
The Ambassadors Theatre is one of the West End's smallest theatres, with a capacity of 446 across two levels. It was built alongside its sister venue, St. Martin's Theatre, by architect W.G.R. Sprague and first opened in 1913. For a brief period in the 1990s, the Ambassadors Theatre was split into two spaces, but its original design was restored in 1999. The building has been Grade II listed since March 1973.
The Ambassadors Theatre is primarily known to host small-scale plays, although many musicals have played there and it was the long-time host of Stomp from 2007-2018. The theatre was also the first home of the world's longest-running play The Mousetrap, from 1952 to 1974, before it moved to St. Martin's Theatre, where it still plays to this day. Other notable productions include The Mask of Virtue, which saw the West End debut of Vivien Leigh, the 2004 revival of Sweeney Todd and The Little Shop of Horrors.